Sunday 9 June 2013

Best Comic Book Art - Review

Comic books have some of the greatest representations of artistic vision. The best comic book art that I have ever seen is in the Ghost Rider comics. More specifically Marc Silvestri is an amazing artist who pulls off one of the best comic book characters: Ghost Rider.

The image below is the Ghost Rider #1 Variant cover – July 2006, this piece of artwork by Marc really brings out the hell aspect of him and shows how epic Ghost Rider can look!

Even though his skull is on fire, the flames don’t overpower the skull which I believe really brings out a lot in his look and shows his determination. This art style really shows that Ghost Rider has some of the best comic book art.

I am a fan of art that doesn't look so real; I prefer art that exaggerates qualities. Like when it comes to ghost rider I want flames everywhere and when you can make a skull face look angry, you have made me a happy man! I find that Ghost rider pull this off nicely and doesn’t make it look ridiculous, this makes Ghost rider one of the best comic book characters for art.


Ghost Rider has my vote, what is the best comic book art in your opinion?


No comments:

Post a Comment