Friday 7 June 2013

The Best Comic Books in 2000-2012 Top 3

*Warning Spoiler Alert*

This is my top 3 for the best comic books for the 2000-2012,
I am going to list a series of books as opposed to single issues.


1.    My number one choice is Green Lantern: Blackest Night from DC Comics, this series was so well written I could not stop reading it. I love the way they incorporated the entire colour spectrum corps facing off against the absence of colours (Black corps). All the superheroes are in this series, the living fighting the resurrected dead (Black Lanterns). Finally, how can you go wrong with an Orange Lantern Lex Luther fighting a Black Lantern Superman. This series definitely ranks as one of the best comic books of all time.

2.    My number two choice is Fear itself from Marvel Comics, this series brought the Serpent to life and he turned the Marvel universe upside down. I love the weapons that greatly enhance the powers of the wielders created by the Serpent and Odin. The art is amazing as well; it is very pleasing to the eye and has a very modern look. I tip my hat to one of the best comic book authors: Matt Fraction and the amazing illustrators: Stuart Immonen, Wade Von Grawbadger, and Laura Martin.

3.    My number three choice is World War Hulk from Marvel Comics, this series answers the best “who will win in a fight” questions. Everyone knows hulk is strong but at the peak of his power he is nigh unstoppable. Now throw every super hero or villain at him with their full power and see what happens. These fights made this series one of the best comic books I have ever read. The epic sentry vs. hulk fight at the end was an amazing finishing point!


What are you favourite comic book issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment